Author Topic: Central Java 12 October - 1 November 09  (Read 2860 times)

Offline Dorothy

• Traveller
Central Java 12 October - 1 November 09
« on: Oct 03, 09, 06:38 AM »
I'll be going to indonesia from Bali>Lombok>maybe flores>mount bromo>Surabaya> Solo>Borobodur>Dieng Plateau>Bandung>Jarkarta from 12 october to 1 November. if anyone would around these areas during the same period and wants to meet up there, let me know :) still trying to decide whether should squeeze flores from Bali.any recommendations of must-sees in central java or Flores would be much appreciated.

dot

Offline boochap

• Traveller
    • http://www.geocities.com/boochap
Re: Central Java 12 October - 1 November 09
« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 09, 11:40 AM »
less than 3 wks for so many places. tiring leh.
forgot abt bali lah, leave it for honeymoon or retirement. ;p

Offline furfur

• Traveller
    • Furious Panda!
Re: Central Java 12 October - 1 November 09
« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 09, 06:35 PM »
Bali to Lombok to Flores one way by boat takes 3 days. (Perama Tours is one who does it, complete with campfire singalongs i hear). Flying in from Bali to Labuanbajo is around 90-100 SGD (either of two domestic airlines, TransNusa and Merpati). Saves time. On Flores you'd have time for Labuanbajo & the Komodo islands (Komodo and Rinca) only. Unless you want to rush and go further east, tiring, as Boochap says.

Possibly use the time exploring Lombok (Sengigi and the Gilis) instead if it's beaches you are after =).
Not too sure about Surabaya and Bromo. Going west spend some time in Djogjakarta and Prambanan. Dieng's just lovely --> get a guide and see all the natural sights and temples in the area. On Bandung's Jeans street, Cihampelas Walk is a nice shopping arcade set in an open air promenade thats worth a look. Just got renovated as of Aug'09. Then Tangkuban Prahu's touristy but easy to get to. Road leads on 6km to Ciater Hot Springs resort, weekenders from Jakarta end up here. Overnight at the cheaper places just outside the resort hotel.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey

http://thefuriouspanda.com