Author Topic: Everest or Annapurna, Late Nov to Dec  (Read 4199 times)

Offline ngozumpa

• Traveller
Everest or Annapurna, Late Nov to Dec
« on: Sep 20, 09, 04:35 PM »
Hi all,

I am thinking of doing a trek in the Annapurna (preferred) or the Everest region this year end, from after 25th Nov to mid or late Dec.

I am looking for another guy, hopefully mature and easy going, to join me.

I am a guy in mid thirties. Note that I am a sloooowww trekker (no longer fit lah, and I like to stop and take pics with my DSLR), and definitely not a hardcore budget dirt cheap backpacker. I have moved beyond that liao :P

PM me for more info.

Offline agnee88

• Traveller
Re: Everest or Annapurna, Late Nov to Dec
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 09, 08:49 AM »
Hi ,

May i know r u confirm going  ?

I keen interested .

Offline ngozumpa

• Traveller
« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 09, 05:06 AM »
Hi ,

May i know r u confirm going  ?

I keen interested .

Sent you a PM. Cheers.

Offline fred_tt2001

• Traveller
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 09, 05:04 AM »
Hi, I too am interested but think this year is out for me. Need training right...  If you are heading towards China next year, would very much be keen to join... 

Offline ngozumpa

• Traveller
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 09, 11:27 AM »
Hi, I too am interested but think this year is out for me. Need training right...  If you are heading towards China next year, would very much be keen to join... 

Need training meh :P

Anyway, I posted an enquiry on lonelyplanet forum http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=1836231&tstart=0.
Take a look if anyone is interested.

Offline fred_tt2001

• Traveller
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 09, 04:58 AM »
need ah... better mah.. stronger to walk the mountain and can take nice pics... haha ...

Offline spearhawk

• Administrator
  • Traveller
  • dream to be a world wanderer
    • Flickr Acount
« Reply #6 on: Oct 28, 09, 11:51 AM »
a little training is better than nothing  ;)
first few days will be xiong, after that should be used to it already

Offline zingzingla

• Traveller
« Reply #7 on: Oct 28, 09, 01:56 PM »
Hi,go for the Annapurna Circuit if u can. I did it during the monsoon season in late Jul crossing the Tilicho Pass into Jomsom. Even with low clouds that obscured any views during the 1st 5 days,it still was a tremendously stunning trek. Best of all,the trek up to Khangsar weren' that strenuous as I have expected.I'm saying this coz I did not do any physical preparations prior to the trek and have kinda retired from long treks a few yrs ago ;D. The trek up to Manang/Khangsar is very achievable even for those with moderate fitness. :hello2:

That should be a bus heading up to Nadi or further up even to Bahundanda by now since monsoon's over.Yes,they are building a road all the way up to Manang!!!! It will take some time but slowly that will come true. This will save about 2 days of walking since this stretch isn't that scenic ( my 2 cents of coz!) so bus it and spend more time further up at Pisang or Manang where there are many side trips to be had.

The transport from Jomsom to Pokhara will take about 2 days if the trails is in good shape but if u don't have the luxury of time,better take the plane out. I changed 7 different transport in one day because the road were either washed out or collapsed due to the rain in late Jul.

Cheers

Offline spearhawk

• Administrator
  • Traveller
  • dream to be a world wanderer
    • Flickr Acount
« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 09, 01:59 PM »
Seconding the trek to Tilicho Lake. It was simply awesome!