Author Topic: travel partner for 3weeks europe backpack!  (Read 4283 times)

Offline kryptful

travel partner for 3weeks europe backpack!
« on: Jun 29, 08, 05:27 PM »
hope i dont sound ridiculous since im looking for the trip to only happen next feb. ^^

europe peak backpacking seasons usually happen from may-august, but i just thought winter backpacking should be a totally new experience to look forward to altogether; plus the perks of having to pay for non-peak season flights and accomodation rates!

grounds im hoping to cover: barcelona, paris, geneva/zurich, budapest, milan/venice

if you've always wanted to backpack europe, but like me, have qualms about pulling it off yourself, and happen to be able to take 3 weeks off next february, do drop me an email (kryptful@gmail.com) and we can work something out!

Offline moosecamel88

• Traveller
Re: travel partner for 3weeks europe backpack!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 08, 12:57 AM »
hey! i'm thinking of doing a europe trip nxt yr too, after i complete my NS on 9th feb.. My parents are ok with my going solo but they definately prefer if i have a travel companion. :D

Offline Karel

• Traveller
  • formerly known as Lion
    • karel
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 08, 03:55 AM »
very interesting trip ! with some very different european cities. good choice. to fly between those cities, check out the budget airlines that you can find on www.whichbudget.com

but concentrate on venice, and drop milan. as you'll discover when preparing your trip, milan is a big city that has not much to offer to tourists. venice on the other hand is my favourite.

when it comes to switzerland, geneva and zurich are mildly interesting. but try to visit what switzerland is famous for : the mountains. why not learn how to ski ? february is the best period for that in europe.
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 08, 03:57 AM by lion »

Offline kryptful

« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 08, 09:00 AM »
hey! i'm thinking of doing a europe trip nxt yr too, after i complete my NS on 9th feb.. My parents are ok with my going solo but they definately prefer if i have a travel companion. :D

i can do mid-feb! but what's for you after ns? sure you can get away for 3wks?
^^

Offline kryptful

« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 08, 09:08 AM »
very interesting trip ! with some very different european cities. good choice. to fly between those cities, check out the budget airlines that you can find on www.whichbudget.com

but concentrate on venice, and drop milan. as you'll discover when preparing your trip, milan is a big city that has not much to offer to tourists. venice on the other hand is my favourite.

when it comes to switzerland, geneva and zurich are mildly interesting. but try to visit what switzerland is famous for : the mountains. why not learn how to ski ? february is the best period for that in europe.

there are just too many grounds to cover, i wouldnt mind dropping milan!
ski-ing sounds expensive, although id love to give it a try; is 5.5k for the entire trip sufficient to cover flights+accomodations anyway?

ive signed up with hospitality club (www.hospitalityclub.org), thought that might be a good way to save a little on lodging!

« Last Edit: Jun 30, 08, 09:16 AM by kryptful »

Offline moosecamel88

• Traveller
« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 08, 01:29 PM »
hey.. yea, mid-feb would be ok for me.. i thought of doing a europe trip after going to netherlands in march 07.. you see, i like the idea of independent travelling..initially, i thought of covering poland(for its concentration camp),czech(for its architectural bridges and castles), Austria and Switz(for their alps).. my mom's friend went to switzerland and yes, it's definately a wonderful place to be if you want to take postcard-like pictures..

Offline kryptful

« Reply #6 on: Jun 30, 08, 04:27 PM »
hey.. yea, mid-feb would be ok for me.. i thought of doing a europe trip after going to netherlands in march 07.. you see, i like the idea of independent travelling..initially, i thought of covering poland(for its concentration camp),czech(for its architectural bridges and castles), Austria and Switz(for their alps).. my mom's friend went to switzerland and yes, it's definately a wonderful place to be if you want to take postcard-like pictures..

we can definitely work something out, maybe start planning since it's never too early to plan (or be excited and look forward to it already!)
i reckon you wouldnt mind staying in hostels or some nice random strangers' place?

for now, the only must-visit destination would be barcelona, i know it's rather out, but i love everything i think i know about the place!

Offline moosecamel88

• Traveller
« Reply #7 on: Jul 03, 08, 12:17 PM »
hey! been busy in camp so sorry for the late reply.. yea, i'm fine with staying at hotels or crashing at people's houses.. it'll be a new experience for me..i've been to paris once, but it was a very long time ago.. all i can remember are the narrow streets and the unpredictable weather.. :)

Offline kryptful

« Reply #8 on: Jul 04, 08, 03:53 PM »
hey! been busy in camp so sorry for the late reply.. yea, i'm fine with staying at hotels or crashing at people's houses.. it'll be a new experience for me..i've been to paris once, but it was a very long time ago.. all i can remember are the narrow streets and the unpredictable weather.. :)

i think i'll love paris too! anyway, can we do this via email? or do you happen to have msn?

Offline moosecamel88

• Traveller
« Reply #9 on: Jul 04, 08, 04:00 PM »
ok, i've added you on msn..