Author Topic: China : Visa  (Read 53339 times)

Offline aurora

• Traveller
Re: Extension of Visa in Xinjiang after 15 days
« Reply #30 on: Apr 29, 09, 04:37 PM »
ya, most likely they received a tip off or smth... that was ridiculous checking eh... The 1st time I had to take out at the Pak border, I was pissed off already, cuz I was the only female on the bus, and the guard was not polite. But I was the fastest, the other Pak traders took much much longer, like 1hour?!

ya, I rem no photos allowed from pass to Tashkurgan got a Chinese young soldier on the bus with us even!

they also called me tong zhi, and even said sorry its was their responsibilities.. but still, i was checked 4 times on the way from border to the custom, on roadside, inside and ouside the custom office.. afterthat they x-ray me, then sent me to a room for further body check. they did this to every one, the angmoh was worst, more checked and waited even longer, the jap gypsy was trying to have fun with boxes of condom founded in their bags and was asked to shut up... pengz!. all along that long stretch of scenic road from the pass to tashkurgan custom, not allowed to stop for photography.

they claimed they were looking for drug coming from afghan wakhan valley, etc etc. they saw my johnson powder and washing powder, almost asked me to taste it.. hahaa... my 250G HDD they took it away to check for hour, founded dalai lama and anti BJ olympic poster photos i took from ladahk, but surprisingly they returned it to me without any delete.. just smile to me. in fact i was almost pissed off and told them off, ??????????,????????,???????????????!?!

when i was leaving china, crossing the border into kazakhstan, again, they checked my bag 3 times.. roadside, custom office, by the railway track... *heck*.. how often the custom official would open and check your luaggage when u leave their country..

that was just after the olympic, there were at least 2 bomb blast in XJ not reported in the media..

but anyway, that was a really good experience.. they checked your luaggages so extensive while i chit chat with them abt my DSLR, olympic, angmoh, drug and taliban, and singapore... it was just a damn hassles esp when u were carrying 25kg of bagpacks and cameras. so, better go for a backpack with front loading.. :)

another thing... difficult of visa extension tend to vary in different places. so better ask around in LP fourmn for latest info. more sensitive place more difficult.

"To travel is to live."
-Hans Christian Andersen

Offline giddygomer

• Traveller
Re: China : Visa
« Reply #31 on: Jun 19, 09, 10:21 AM »
Hi guys,

Few questions to ask regards to extending china visa.  ;D

Do anyone have experience extending china visa after the '15-days visa-free for sporean' at china ? How to go about it (is the application via local police? How many times can one apply for extension? Will the applicant subject to alot of questioning by the police? Any fees involved?

OR,

Is it advisable to apply for a month visa at the china embassy in spore? do i need to show a return air tic & confirmed hotel booking upon application? Possible for visa to apply > 1 month under tourist visa application?

I intend to travel for china for 2 months and i dun like the idea of having to leave china after every 15 days, just to extend my 'visa'.

hi, can confirm if return air tix and hotel booking is required for application of chinese visa???  it takes 5 working days to process?

jialat, i have 2 weeks before departure to apply for china, pakistan and indian visa  :P

Offline giddygomer

• Traveller
« Reply #32 on: Jun 22, 09, 03:31 AM »
hi, can confirm if return air tix and hotel booking is required for application of chinese visa???  it takes 5 working days to process?

jialat, i have 2 weeks before departure to apply for china, pakistan and indian visa  :P

i went to apply for my chinese visa today; air ticket and hotel booking required. can collect on the 4th day

Offline ahbian

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 10, 09:23 AM »
Hi all,

This is my first post here.

I tried calling the Visa centre but kept getting routed around on recorded voice messages which does not address my question.

Thinking of going China, and this clause was found on their website.

"Those who apply for tourism in China should provide round-trip airline tickets and hotel reservation?for family visit should provide certificate of relationship."

Anyone have experience of them processing the Visa without the above documents? Cause I thought there is a possibility of land entry through Laos or Vietnam, also, I have not decided on the dates of travel yet (duration is should be more than a month.)

Will keep trying to call them for now.

Offline terryseow

• Traveller
  • Quiet,peace and green...
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 10, 11:42 AM »
Hi,

They will not answer you unless they called you to do so.
If staying for more than two weeks,you need a tourist visa.
Have you try this link:
http://www.chinaembassy.org.sg/eng/

A return ticket is not neccesary,just explaned to the officer that you are returning
back from other country.

Good lucks!
Terry.

Offline spearhawk

• Administrator
  • Traveller
  • dream to be a world wanderer
    • Flickr Acount
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 10, 02:29 PM »
Last year when I applied during November, they insisted on the return flight ticket. The one before me was rejected cos she didn't have the flight details. But no hotel reservation needed thou.

Offline wei

• Traveller
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 10, 03:22 PM »
I applied for a visa in June 2008 cos the first stop of my RTW trip was China. Since I don't do any planning, all I had was a one way ticket to china and nothing else. When I called the embassy, the guy who listened to my explaination said, since mine was a special case, it is okay not to have the return ticket. Just explain duly when the officer handling the visa application ask. But when I went to the embassy to submit my form, I was asked to produce proof of hotel confirmation. Since I didn't had any booking, I was not sure what to do. Then I said, I will be staying with a friend for a short while (not the whole time, just for one week out of the dunno how many weeks I will be there). So the lady in charge of vetting the forms say, then I have to produce "proof" of invite. I suddenly had an idea, and asked her if my friend had sent me an email with her address in it, does it count? She said, yes, that is proof of invite. So I rushed out of the embassy, went to the nearest hotel and used the business center to print out the email, then rush back to the embassy. They accepted it without questions and I later got a 3 month visa, even though the 3 months include the Olympic months. Moral of the story: you can do without the return ticket, but book at least one hostel/hotel and attached it to your application form (you can cancel it later). Or else get someone to "invite" you.

Offline ahbian

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 10, 07:38 AM »
Thanks all for replying!

Seems like there isn't a consistent ruling on that matter.

Just booked my ticket to China, will go down to the embassy and check with them on any official stand and post the outcome here.

Offline tazmanias

• Traveller
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 10, 04:01 AM »
You can go to any travel agency and get them to apply the visa for you.

I did that and they never ask for my return flight ticket. You need to fill in a form and provide a photo and your passport. The only thing they ask is your entry date. I only bought one way ticket in, so even if they ask, I can't provide any.

Anyway, i got the visa within a week. Paid $35 for the administration fee.

Offline siyimi

• Traveller
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 10, 08:38 AM »
Chinese embassy seems to have a new visa processing centre from 17 may 2010

you can submit your visa application online and make an on-line appt as well (they even accept applications during lunch hours).

for more info, pls refer to link
http://www.visaforchina.com.sg

fyi, 13 - 14 May, there is a trial operation during these 2 days, and thay are not charging any processing fees. just need to pay visa fees.

Offline laurent_rio

• Traveller
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 10, 09:26 AM »
can someone recommend travel agent that didnt charge "overprice" service fee for China Visa ?

Offline ahbian

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 10, 01:24 PM »
Chinese embassy seems to have a new visa processing centre from 17 may 2010

you can submit your visa application online and make an on-line appt as well (they even accept applications during lunch hours).

for more info, pls refer to link
http://www.visaforchina.com.sg

fyi, 13 - 14 May, there is a trial operation during these 2 days, and thay are not charging any processing fees. just need to pay visa fees.

Yup. I went to that centre at Raffles Place today.

Perhaps its new, there was no crowd at all, took me less than 10 mins to queue and submit the pre-filled form.

The person attending to me told me that it wasn't necessary to submit any proof of hotel reservations or plane tickets "since the application is by a Singaporean".

Was told visa would be ready on Friday (3 days from now.)

« Last Edit: May 11, 10, 01:25 PM by ahbian »

Offline travelbug

• Administrator
  • Traveller
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 10, 01:52 PM »
Thanks for the updated info!

Alternative for last-minute planners (like myself) is to go to the nearest PSB (major cities and towns in China) just before your 15d visa is up, and request for an extension. The usual is for 30d (160 rmb), norm takes 3d to process. You need your last hotel confo and evidence of sufficient funds: 100 usd/day (cash or bank account statement). I cited 'urgent' reasons and got my extension on the same day :)

Offline ullyss

• Traveller
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 10, 07:41 PM »
Got a 'Suaku' question, coz never really been to china, except for certain parts a long time ago

what is the max. tourist visa duration allowed?
3 months? 6 months?

can't find any info on long term visa. but i saw a few folks blog that said they have been in china for 6months.

do i need to get one of those 'business visa' for that to happen?

Offline terryseow

• Traveller
  • Quiet,peace and green...
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 10, 05:18 AM »
I got my for 3 months.

Terry