Author Topic: China : Visa  (Read 53337 times)

Offline spearhawk

• Administrator
  • Traveller
  • dream to be a world wanderer
    • Flickr Acount
Re: singapore passport china visa free by 18sep
« Reply #15 on: Sep 20, 08, 01:11 AM »
thought they might change to 30 days haha.
anyway, 15 days is better than nothing hehe  ;D

Offline siyimi

• Traveller
China : Visa
« Reply #16 on: Mar 17, 09, 01:16 AM »
Hi guys,

Few questions to ask regards to extending china visa.  ;D

Do anyone have experience extending china visa after the '15-days visa-free for sporean' at china ? How to go about it (is the application via local police? How many times can one apply for extension? Will the applicant subject to alot of questioning by the police? Any fees involved?

OR,

Is it advisable to apply for a month visa at the china embassy in spore? do i need to show a return air tic & confirmed hotel booking upon application? Possible for visa to apply > 1 month under tourist visa application?

I intend to travel for china for 2 months and i dun like the idea of having to leave china after every 15 days, just to extend my 'visa'.

Offline blisz

Re: China : Visa
« Reply #17 on: Mar 25, 09, 01:54 PM »
hi:) This is Blisz, my first time posting on this forum XD

I just wanted to ask, since hong kong is kinda like a seperate territory from china, do you guys think by going to hong kong and then coming back into china, i can get another 15 days visa free?

Thanks in advance!!!

Offline spearhawk

• Administrator
  • Traveller
    • Flickr Acount
« Reply #18 on: Mar 25, 09, 02:25 PM »
Ya, you can. Hong Kong, despite being officially part of China, is still separate from mainland China from a travel perspective.
You will go through proper customs and immigration. Foreigner going into Hong Kong from China and back to China needs a reentry visa too.

Offline blisz

« Reply #19 on: Mar 25, 09, 02:28 PM »
cool XD Thanks dude!

Offline I want to Get Lost

• Traveller
Extension of Visa in Xinjiang after 15 days
« Reply #20 on: Apr 27, 09, 07:05 AM »
Hi there ,

I checked and noted Singapore passports do not require to apply Visa for visiting China but is only valid for 15days.

anyone have any idea where we can arrange to extend or tourist Visa in Xinjiang if we exceed the 15days time line.  

???
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 11, 07:12 AM by Karel »

Offline siyimi

• Traveller
Re: Extension of Visa in Xinjiang after 15 days
« Reply #21 on: Apr 27, 09, 09:07 AM »
just go to any ??station a few days b4 expire to extend the visa. i think there is some fee involved, n u can only extend once. otherwise, u can go to the chinese embasssy to get a 30-days visa, then extend again if u need >30 days.

« Last Edit: Apr 27, 09, 09:10 AM by siyimi »

• Traveller
« Reply #22 on: Apr 27, 09, 09:16 AM »
Ohhh Ok got it.. thanks for the tips..

Offline boochap

• Traveller
    • http://www.geocities.com/boochap
« Reply #23 on: Apr 27, 09, 01:56 PM »
better check and ask around.. check LP fournm.
might not be as easy as previous...
there had been more arson or bomb attack in XJ since before the BJ olympic. 
the real situation could be worst than the overly publicised tibet.
kkh border crossing was the most difficult crossing i had ever had.

Offline aurora

• Traveller
« Reply #24 on: Apr 29, 09, 01:45 AM »

Why do u say it's the most difficult crossing? I rem back in 2007 I had to unpack almost everything, and I was the only Asian femlae on the bus when I went from Pak to China. The officer was very polite though, and even called me 'tong zhi'! Haha... It felt weird but there was a sense of camaraderie during the time he checked my bags. LOL.

better check and ask around.. check LP fournm.
might not be as easy as previous...
there had been more arson or bomb attack in XJ since before the BJ olympic. 
the real situation could be worst than the overly publicised tibet.
kkh border crossing was the most difficult crossing i had ever had.

"To travel is to live."
-Hans Christian Andersen

Offline spearhawk

• Administrator
  • Traveller
    • Flickr Acount
« Reply #25 on: Apr 29, 09, 02:11 AM »
Indeed different experiences by different people.  ;)

For me when I crossed from China to Pakistan in 2007, on the Chinese side, checking was done using electronic scanner, pretty fast and efficient.

On the Pakistan side, I heard you usually have to take everything out, but I was lucky I was with a few trade merchants who somehow manage to convince the Immigration people there is no need to check their goods including my backpack, so it was kinda too smooth for me haha.

But boochap was there during the Olympic preparation period and situation was indeed abit tense back then, hence his experiences.

Anyway back to the OP's question, I too suggest first getting a Chinese visa in Singapore for 30 days. Most importantly, will you be traveling for more than 30 days? If no, then no need the hassle to extend the visa, thou it could be an interesting experience imo.  ;D

Offline nuts

• Administrator
  • Traveller
    • Roving Light Travel Photography
« Reply #26 on: Apr 29, 09, 02:14 AM »
Boochap looks sinister lah

Like you say, mabbe you female lah
I also unpack everything, spoke chinese etc but the officer still looks sullen.... but everything was smooth though.

I want to Get Lost, if possible, if can confirm staying in china for > 15days, try to get your visa in SG lor, quite easy...

Why do u say it's the most difficult crossing? I rem back in 2007 I had to unpack almost everything, and I was the only Asian femlae on the bus when I went from Pak to China. The officer was very polite though, and even called me 'tong zhi'! Haha... It felt weird but there was a sense of camaraderie during the time he checked my bags. LOL.

Offline spearhawk

• Administrator
  • Traveller
    • Flickr Acount
« Reply #27 on: Apr 29, 09, 02:22 AM »
Singapore's Chinese Embassy Website
http://sg.china-embassy.org/eng/

Chinese Visa Collection and Fees
http://sg.china-embassy.org/eng/lsqw/t165685.htm

Chinese Embassy Location
http://sg.china-embassy.org/eng/sgxx/t165683.htm

Try to go early in morning, else long queue!!!

Offline boochap

• Traveller
    • http://www.geocities.com/boochap
« Reply #28 on: Apr 29, 09, 02:31 AM »
they also called me tong zhi, and even said sorry its was their responsibilities.. but still, i was checked 4 times on the way from border to the custom, on roadside, inside and ouside the custom office.. afterthat they x-ray me, then sent me to a room for further body check. they did this to every one, the angmoh was worst, more checked and waited even longer, the jap gypsy was trying to have fun with boxes of condom founded in their bags and was asked to shut up... pengz!. all along that long stretch of scenic road from the pass to tashkurgan custom, not allowed to stop for photography.

they claimed they were looking for drug coming from afghan wakhan valley, etc etc. they saw my johnson powder and washing powder, almost asked me to taste it.. hahaa... my 250G HDD they took it away to check for hour, founded dalai lama and anti BJ olympic poster photos i took from ladahk, but surprisingly they returned it to me without any delete.. just smile to me. in fact i was almost pissed off and told them off, ??????????,????????,???????????????!?!

when i was leaving china, crossing the border into kazakhstan, again, they checked my bag 3 times.. roadside, custom office, by the railway track... *heck*.. how often the custom official would open and check your luaggage when u leave their country..

that was just after the olympic, there were at least 2 bomb blast in XJ not reported in the media..

but anyway, that was a really good experience.. they checked your luaggages so extensive while i chit chat with them abt my DSLR, olympic, angmoh, drug and taliban, and singapore... it was just a damn hassles esp when u were carrying 25kg of bagpacks and cameras. so, better go for a backpack with front loading.. :)

another thing... difficult of visa extension tend to vary in different places. so better ask around in LP fourmn for latest info. more sensitive place more difficult.

« Last Edit: Apr 29, 09, 02:48 AM by boochap »

• Traveller
« Reply #29 on: Apr 29, 09, 03:47 AM »
hi all,

thanks for the advise, will check with the Chinese Embassy in Sin on the extension to be at the safe side...