Author Topic: Myanmar : Visa  (Read 10057 times)

Offline belgarathc

• Traveller
    • Trip Reports
Re: Myanmar : Visa
« Reply #15 on: Sep 08, 13, 02:17 AM »
Hi all,

I visited http://www.mesingapore.org.sg/visa.html#touristAc and wonder if any Singaporeans who applied for Myanmar Visas recently and can help me with the following questions?

- Can I get somebody to apply for the visas on my behalf? Or must I go down to the embassy personally?
- Where can I find the Entry Tourist Visa application form? Or does it have to be filled on the spot?
- I have only booked air tickets and not any hotels/guesthouses.  Is it enough for visa application?

Thanks!

« Last Edit: Oct 29, 13, 09:55 AM by Karel »

Offline travelbug

• Administrator
  • Traveller
« Reply #16 on: Sep 08, 13, 04:07 AM »
Someone else can apply on your behalf.
Forms from online or at the spot both acceptable.
Booked flights only will be enough, but of course indicate the hotels as well. They are aware of the hotel crunch and that many travelers don't have confirmed accommodation.

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 13, 04:09 AM by travelbug »

Offline belgarathc

• Traveller
    • Trip Reports
« Reply #17 on: Sep 08, 13, 06:10 AM »
Thanks travelbug.

I didn't see the form online, let me try to search.

I heard about the hotel crunch and I am going there next month already. I guess I better start planning!

Offline bear

• Traveller
    • http://www.dopeydwarf.blogdrive.com
« Reply #18 on: Sep 09, 13, 07:00 AM »
You can go to peninsular plaza.  They will assist you.  There are many shops handling the visas to Myanmar.

I did mine at People's park when I booked the air ticket.  No hotel registration is necc.

Please make sure you have the money (cash or NETS) and three photographs when you register.  Plan four to five working days to get it processed.  I know they will tell you that it will be done in three working days but it also depends a lot on what time you sent the passport to the shop and if there is a long queue. 

Offline bear

• Traveller
    • http://www.dopeydwarf.blogdrive.com
« Reply #19 on: Sep 09, 13, 07:02 AM »
To add to that, the shop will keep the passport.  If you are planning to go to the embassy yourself to get the visas, please be early cos I heard they will only process in the morning and if you are late, they will not process any more, even if you are in the queue.  Heard only, never tried it out myself.

Offline goldengoh

• Traveller
  • On the road, i live a thousand lives
    • OBRacing
« Reply #20 on: Sep 17, 13, 08:45 AM »
Travel agents at peninsula can process your visa for you. But you'll have to pay quite a bit. Like 50 just for the service. The agents can, however, get u a good price on flights. I managed to get silkair at not much more than a budget flight! If u do your visa yourself, the submission AND collection times are very strict and inconvenient.
In my dreams i can only think of 1 life to live, on the road, i live a thousand

Offline travelmm

• Traveller
« Reply #21 on: Sep 18, 13, 02:30 AM »