Author Topic: Myanmar : Visa  (Read 10056 times)

Offline jayjay85

• Traveller
Myanmar : Visa
« on: Jan 17, 08, 03:18 PM »
how can i get the visa to myanmar... the embassy onli open till 12(for visa services) n i m not free in the morning....
anyone does it before n how long u need to get the visa
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 11, 06:45 AM by Karel »

Offline slowly

• Traveller
  • walk walk look see take picture
    • My trip gallery...
Re: Myanmar : Visa
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 08, 04:11 PM »
You can get someone to go for you, BUT I suggest you do it yourself.
Apparently, different people have different experience.

You need a photo copy of your NRIC, can't remember if you need passport, but might as well make a copy too.
The copy machine there is 20cent each copy.

You will need a name card if you are employed.
If full time student, you need a letter from your school.

3 photos. Must be same same.
ie: you cannot use 2 photos taken 1 week ago, and 1 photo take 1 month ago.

Both the application are downloadable from internet, but don't bother.
They will ask you to fill up with their form.

After you enter the room, you probably see alot of people sitting there, not sure what are they waiting.
The counter, nearest to the door, is for the tourist visa.
Just go to the counter and process the visa.
There is no queue system.

The visa takes 3 working days to be done.

On collection day, same same.
Go to the same counter, go them the recipt, and take your passport.
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 08, 11:24 PM by slowly »

Offline zingzingla

• Traveller
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 08, 12:08 AM »
Hi.if u are working for  the MEDIA ,please do not state so! Even if u r a wedding photographer or some teenage magazine journalist ( examples) .Reporters and photographers are definite No No's even if u r there for leisure.
U wil definitely be rejected. If u  think yr profession even comes close to something the embassy will reject,just state something safe like,eg engineer,tuition teacher,freelance dance instructor,etc.Go early as surprisingly the queue can be quite long n slow.
It's worth the trouble coz Myanmar's a real stunning destination!

Offline siyimi

• Traveller
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 08, 02:53 AM »
another option is u can go to one of the myanmar tour agencies located at Peninsula Plaza (Try Level 3 / 4).
they charge $45 for the application & takes 4 days.
Forms & photos are required.

if not, try application via online at one of the myanmar travel agent located there.
takes 1 to 2 weeks, but cost US$60(total cost including admin fee + documentn fee); advantage is you are certain a visa & quicker immigrantion clearance.
http://www.myanmarvisa.com/
Cation: They mghtl pester you to book a hotel with them; just tell them u have a confirmed accommadation or staying with a local fren there.

Offline jayjay85

• Traveller
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 08, 03:11 PM »
another option is u can go to one of the myanmar tour agencies located at Peninsula Plaza (Try Level 3 / 4).
they charge $45 for the application & takes 4 days.
Forms & photos are required.

if not, try application via online at one of the myanmar travel agent located there.
takes 1 to 2 weeks, but cost US$60(total cost including admin fee + documentn fee); advantage is you are certain a visa & quicker immigrantion clearance.
http://www.myanmarvisa.com/
Cation: They mghtl pester you to book a hotel with them; just tell them u have a confirmed accommadation or staying with a local fren there.

thanx!! this morning i get to the embassy...soooo many people n they dont accept scanned photos of me last time n haf to provide student card... can vomit blood... lucky got the Peninsula Plaza... onli 1 shop do the visa .. #03-55... they sell drinks (esp myanmar beer) n the ppl are super friendly

Offline slowly

• Traveller
  • walk walk look see take picture
    • My trip gallery...
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 08, 03:16 PM »
that's y i suggest you do it yourself.
i almost die at the embassy.

i think getting the visa done at the embassy is the toughest part.

thanx!! this morning i get to the embassy...soooo many people n they dont accept scanned photos of me last time n haf to provide student card... can vomit blood... lucky got the Peninsula Plaza... onli 1 shop do the visa .. #03-55... they sell drinks (esp myanmar beer) n the ppl are super friendly

Offline staad3

• Traveller
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 08, 03:40 AM »
eh...when i do my visa, it is actually pretty fast and no queue.

Offline oldtimer

• Traveller
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 10, 03:13 PM »
Can someone pls tell me which shop in Peninsula plaza does the visa for Myanmar?
How long will it take and the costs.
Thanks for ur help.
A friend is flying on the 21 feb to yangon.Can he get the visa in time?
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 11, 10:41 AM by Karel »

Offline kolya

• Traveller
    • Flickr Photo Site
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 10, 06:52 PM »
Half the fun of travel is the esthetic of lostness...

Offline laurent_rio

• Traveller
« Reply #9 on: Feb 11, 10, 09:24 AM »
visa can be get on 3 days time

Offline laurent_rio

• Traveller
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 10, 03:07 AM »
Dont know wheter it is correct or no...please clarify to embassy first

Myanmar grants visa-on-arrival

VISA-ON-ARRIVAL (VOA) is now available at Yangon and Mandalay International Airports for nationals of more than
100 countries with which Myanmar has diplomatic ties. Previously, visas must be arranged in advance before arrival. All Asia Exclusive Travel managing director Phyoe Wai Yar Zar said: "On May 1, four visitors from the Philippines were granted VOA for the first time."

A tourist VOA costs US$30 for a 28-day stay, business VOA US$40 for a 70-day stay, social VOA US$40 for a 28-day and a transit visa US$18 for 24-hour stay.

Visitors must stay at government-approved accommodation establishments, with the exact address to be stated in the application form.

Children under seven years of age travelling with the parents are exempted from visa fees.

An individual traveller must show he has at least US$300 (or the equivalent in another currency) on hand to Immigration, as proof he can sustain himself during his visit; a family must take out a wad of US$600 to show the officer.

- Full story,TTG Asia, May 14
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 11, 10:29 AM by Karel »

Offline laurent_rio

• Traveller
« Last Edit: Nov 07, 11, 11:36 PM by Karel »

Offline goldengoh

• Traveller
  • On the road, i live a thousand lives
    • OBRacing
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 10, 05:24 AM »
probably better to get the visa from the embassy itself. it's conveniently located at tanglin road. but they stick to their timings rigidly. This visa on arrival thing is chancey in a place like myanmar.
In my dreams i can only think of 1 life to live, on the road, i live a thousand

Offline paper_33

• Traveller
« Reply #13 on: Aug 30, 10, 03:30 AM »
Hi All got this from my travel agent. I hope this helps ! So you MUST apply in advance before leaving for Myanmar.

Myanmar  retracts Visa-On-Arrival (VOA) services at  airports 

MYANMAR will cease  visa-on-arrival (VOA) facilities for foreign visitors at Yangon and Mandalay  International Airports from September 1.

Hence, all  foreign visitors will be required to apply in advance for a  visa at Myanmar embassy in Singapore from September 1, 2010.
« Last Edit: Aug 30, 10, 05:46 AM by Karel »

Offline justin

« Reply #14 on: Nov 07, 11, 12:52 PM »
Hey guys, does anyone know how much the service fee is for an agent to help me settle my visa? And also any good ones to recommend?