Author Topic: pictures from my Silk Road (China) and Northern Pakistan trip  (Read 9584 times)

Offline spearhawk

• Administrator
  • Traveller
  • dream to be a world wanderer
    • Flickr Acount
hello  :)

just to share some of the pictures that i took from my recent trip to the China's Silk Road and Northern Pakistan. the travel blog is still under construction, cos i really have too many pictures to upload lol. most of the pictures that i have already uploaded are of the beautiful mountains in Northern Pakistan, cos i am a nature lover  ;D

anyway, just to emphasize first that i am not a professional, nor a good photographer haha. :-[ plus my camera always decide to break down when i travel, so the pictures are of low quality since i took them with my backup camera phone.  :'(

anyway here goes...

China
Chengdu and Leshan
Xi'an
Xiahe and Lanzhou
Jiayuguan
Dunhuang
Turpan and Urumqi
Tianchi (Heavenly Lake)
Yining and Road to Kashgar
Kashgar and Southern Silk Road Cities
Karakul Lake and Tashkurgan

Pakistan
Khunjerab Pass and Sost
Chapursan Valley
Passu
Karimabad, Hunza Valley
Gilgit and Fairy Meadow trek
Shandur Pass and Chitral
Kalash Valley
Lowari Pass and Peshawar
Lahore

alrighty, will keep updating it  :-[
cheers!

Offline slowly

• Traveller
  • walk walk look see take picture
    • My trip gallery...
er... where's day 1 to day 22???

Offline nuts

• Administrator
  • Traveller
    • Roving Light Travel Photography
Arghhhh!
The memories... the yearning....
Arghhhh!

Offline travelbug

• Administrator
  • Traveller
not a pro photographer but still great pics!

Offline aurora

• Traveller
hey spearhawk, are u chee keong alias michael? U met Mel in Hunza right?
"To travel is to live."
-Hans Christian Andersen

Offline spearhawk

• Administrator
  • Traveller
    • Flickr Acount
hey spearhawk, are u chee keong alias michael? U met Mel in Hunza right?

hey, yeah it's me! haha ;D
met Mel in Karimabad. how is she now? she should be back in Singapore (Or Australia?) already right?

Offline aurora

• Traveller
Wat a small world indeed! I actually met her up for lunch on 7th July, just before she flew back to Australia on the following Monday. Guess what? I met another Singaporean in Karimabad as well! *lol*
"To travel is to live."
-Hans Christian Andersen

Offline fred_tt2001

• Traveller
Hi Spearhawk

what a wonderful abeit tough trip you have had..  do you know.. your pictures brought back all my fond memories of my trip in some of the areas you covered. though mine was not as wide as yours, but seeing your pictures is like going back in time, is a nice feeling.. time flies huh,.....  i  recalled at kunjurub, my friends and I were not allowed to go down to take a picture with the milestone..  the very run-down bridge at the korakorum highway that is hanging between the sides of the mountain..  nice to see that it is still there...   thank you very much....  and when would we see the pictures of your next big plan....?

Offline boochap

• Traveller
    • http://www.geocities.com/boochap
the photographs are great..!!

i took the same route when i left NUS, BJ to Kashgar .. but decidied turn back to the coastal to experience the china craze.

stumble upon that overland route across tian shan from yining to korla...freezing cold and frost bitten to hot desert town and sand storm, the landscape was fantastic... result of travelling without a proper guide book. dumped my LP china, so inaccurate and useless in those days, while i had so much time to explore the country.. u cannt sum up the country so big in less than 800 or 1000 pages, can u?

till today i havent stop thinking of continuing the journey to kkh or rome.  :)

Offline spearhawk

• Administrator
  • Traveller
    • Flickr Acount
Hi Spearhawk

what a wonderful abeit tough trip you have had..  do you know.. your pictures brought back all my fond memories of my trip in some of the areas you covered. though mine was not as wide as yours, but seeing your pictures is like going back in time, is a nice feeling.. time flies huh,.....  i  recalled at kunjurub, my friends and I were not allowed to go down to take a picture with the milestone..  the very run-down bridge at the korakorum highway that is hanging between the sides of the mountain..  nice to see that it is still there...   thank you very much....  and when would we see the pictures of your next big plan....?

hey!
thanks for taking the time to look at my pictures haha. yeah, whenever i look at them, they bring back good memories for myself too.  :)
next big plan...hmmm...i guess it is very hard to travel for a extended period of time now that i have started working, but i should be doing the annapurna circuit coming oct/nov for 3 weeks. very looking forward to it now haha  ;D

the photographs are great..!!

i took the same route when i left NUS, BJ to Kashgar .. but decidied turn back to the coastal to experience the china craze.

stumble upon that overland route across tian shan from yining to korla...freezing cold and frost bitten to hot desert town and sand storm, the landscape was fantastic... result of travelling without a proper guide book. dumped my LP china, so inaccurate and useless in those days, while i had so much time to explore the country.. u cannt sum up the country so big in less than 800 or 1000 pages, can u?

till today i havent stop thinking of continuing the journey to kkh or rome.  :)

i heard the route across tian shan is really very very nice, but too bad i couldn't do it then... :(
true enough, even the information on LP china now is still not very accurate, especially in those less traveled places. but things change so fast in china now, so we can't really blame them.
and yeah! i hope to continue the silk road thru central asia somedays. i hope you will be able to do the same!  8)

salut!
spear