Author Topic: Wu Yuan Villages  (Read 7100 times)

Offline fred_tt2001

• Traveller
Wu Yuan Villages
« on: Jun 11, 07, 05:13 AM »
:hello: dear all, am planning a trip to JiangXi WuYuan... thinking of going there either in oct or Nov.... any advice if these are the better months to be there... any advice on accommodation?. if u have stayed there before, would really appreciate your advice and info..

how about San Qing Shan & Dragon Tiger Mountain,, think may also be there since they are nearby...  anything at all, be it accommodation, places of interest,, useful info..  please let me know.. tx u alot....

Offline boochap

• Traveller
    • http://www.geocities.com/boochap
Re: Wu Yuan Villages
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 07, 07:31 AM »

ya, very nice ancient village scattered in the mountain not far from hangzhou. 3days to a weeks is prefered. lots of guesthoouse, can hired a motorbike guide or do your own trekking, won;t get lost as there are many villages in the mountain. motorbike guide is cheap, negiotiate a good price..

not sure about oct. late fed or earlu march is a better time if u going to catch t he rapseed flower bloom. i was there in feb, juz b4 the flower bloom, misty and rainy. u can catch my photo here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/boochap/496295623/

Offline fred_tt2001

• Traveller
« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 07, 05:18 AM »
Hi Boochap,

apologise for the late response.... i lost this forum page actually,, could not find it until lately...  the photos are very nice and beautiful.... thanks for sharing. btw did u visit the place where hanging coffins are located and did u do the river draft at Lu Xi River... wondering if they are worth visiting. did u check in at different accommdation as there are few renowned villiages in Wu Yuan, or you simply stayed in one place and ran to other villages on different days. any advice to offer....  thanks..

fred.....

Offline boochap

• Traveller
    • http://www.geocities.com/boochap
« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 07, 01:37 PM »
Hi Boochap,

apologise for the late response.... i lost this forum page actually,, could not find it until lately...  the photos are very nice and beautiful.... thanks for sharing. btw did u visit the place where hanging coffins are located and did u do the river draft at Lu Xi River... wondering if they are worth visiting. did u check in at different accommdation as there are few renowned villiages in Wu Yuan, or you simply stayed in one place and ran to other villages on different days. any advice to offer....  thanks..

fred.....

Hanging coffins in chongqing, hunan, guizhou mountainous areas... i was around there, but didn't go. rainy days... lazy..

The country is huge, there so many interesting places to visit, many of those are not even mentioned in the books.. u juz have to give and take, and pick and go.

I was in wuyuan for almost a week..rain and sunshine, i stayed at ?? and ??. ?? is further up, straddled in a mountain valley, hard to get there unless u hired a bike to take u there, farm stay and rooms are limited, nature aircon, no restaurant, u eat with the farmer. Many other nice places around to stay too, depending on your preference. U can hire a motorbike to bring you around, not ex$, ppl are helpful.. or can go on foot, trekking from village to village. Regular buses to shanghai or hangzhou, if u miss city life, it's a good escape route.
Hope this helps.

Offline fred_tt2001

• Traveller
« Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 07, 05:05 AM »
dear all,

just came back from jiangxi. found WuYuan a nice place to relax. though it is largely black and white, it is a place definitely worth another visit, even for a short stay. i visited the big LiKeng and small LiKeng. though both places are ok, personally, found the big LiKeng more original and untouched, though things are beginning to take place and change. so, if you want glimpses of these places, better make a fast move before they are gone....

fred,.,...

Offline fred_tt2001

• Traveller
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 07, 03:04 AM »
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 07, 04:54 AM by fred_tt2001 »