Author Topic: TB Iran April / May 2016  (Read 1664 times)

Offline ranjan

• Traveller
  • in search of the djinn fairy ... azur et asmar
TB Iran April / May 2016
« on: Dec 05, 15, 01:34 PM »
Hi there. Is anyone keen on Iran for spring 2016?

Currently only in "planning trips for 2016" phase, and thought Iran in April/may would balance out a September Walk in Spain (Camino de Santiago), and October trek in Nepal (Annapurna circuit). (If anyone has an idea of how to spend 6 months with spending all that much, do let me know! ??)

I hope for min 15 days and max of 30 days in Iran, and am totally flexible at this point on travel options - backpacking vs Budget vs comfort travel. Only thing is, I've forgotten how to backpack...

There is currently another Friend who is keen to get to Iran as well, so likely 2 of us at this stage, but if there are any other 'I've been meaning to get to Iran for so very long now, but have yet to get to it' people out there, why not drop me a line?

A little about myself: a 52-yr old retired soul, happily plugged into iPod & book in the evenings and in cafes, perfectly comfortable to travel alone, in small groups, or selectively with bigger ones. Love to chat with locals when traveling, but otherwise a solitary fool..  Was working previously with pharmaceuticals, healthcare, and airlines, likely to end up next in the dump..

Anyway, buzz if keen!

Cheers,
Ranjan
n.ranjan@outlook.com

« Last Edit: May 11, 16, 05:55 AM by Karel »

Offline sll24

• Traveller
Re: Iran April / May 2016
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 15, 09:10 AM »
hi, me and some friends are planning to go in autumn. also 'planning stage' currently. anyone read about the new US legislation requiring anyone who has travelled to iran, Iraq, Syria and Sudan in the last 5 years to get a visa to enter US, even if their country is exempt?

Offline ranjan

• Traveller
  • in search of the djinn fairy ... azur et asmar
Re: Iran April / May 2016
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 15, 01:05 AM »
Dear all,

it is with great disappointment that I will now have to back out from my planned trip to Iran. This has been brought on by the US House of Representatives passing legislation a few weeks ago (and likely to become law by year end), to remove the visa waiver program (VWP) for any residents of the countries under the program who have visited Iran, Iraq, Syria or Sudan. Although one can still apply for a normal US visa, I believe it could complicate things for me, especially since I plan to make a l.o.n.g trip. And I do plan a trip to the US sometime soon as well..

The inclusion of Iran in the list of 4 countries above is outrageous, but that is the politics in the US at the moment.

My sincerest apologies to those who have written to me & expressed interest. I'm kind of lost at the moment on an alternative plan. I do hope the situation changes asap, and wish the best for the people of Iran.

Here's a short abstract from the Guardian:

By an overwhelming bipartisan majority, the House of Representatives passed legislation intended to strengthen the visa waiver program in the aftermath of attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, California.

The legislation, which was approved by a vote of 407-19, would prevent any foreign national who has visited Iraq, Iran, Syria or the Sudan in the past five years from entering the US without a visa.

The legislation is considered likely to advance through the Senate and become law by the end of the year.

Rgds/Ranjan