Author Topic: recommendation for camera  (Read 2250 times)

Offline devilish_me

• Traveller
recommendation for camera
« on: May 18, 06, 06:36 AM »
i'm just amateur photographer...and i only use a dummy digital camera that's 4yr old i think. it's a konica revio KD-400Z (only 4.0 mega pixels). it's a great camera i must say...really idiot-proof, with dual-card system (can record on both SD and MS). i'm planning to get another camera soon...any recommendations?
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 11, 04:45 AM by Karel »

Offline KingPatryn

• Traveller
Re: recommendation for camera
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 06, 11:27 AM »
devilish_me , planning on upgrading Camera. DSLR will mean need to carry alot of stuff.. my spouse hate it but I love it.. haha.. If U are going to DSLR can get a Nikon D50/D70.
a nice pt and shoot these days too many to choose from. Want to real tiny ones need anti shake.
Nice hunting!

A site to compare features
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sidebyside.asp
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 11, 04:45 AM by Karel »

Offline KingPatryn

• Traveller
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 06, 01:30 AM »
If U ever go Alan Photo in Sim Lim.. ask for John.
he usually give me good price and I always can make him throw in some free stuff... haha..

other sales person don't find them friendly at all.

have U take a look at semi-DSLR like
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30?

I do agree that Canon A700 is value for $$$.
the Nikon D50 is body only or it come with lens?
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 11, 04:46 AM by Karel »

Offline KingPatryn

• Traveller
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 06, 02:55 AM »
Quote from: soul4travel
King san,

The D50 comes with the kit len, bag, 1 GB SD card and misc. I think this is pretty std package.

BTW, the last DigiCam that i had is canon A70. Qutie ok but the LCD abit too small.

Not too bad price then.. still come with SD card
Too bad I was using Minolta Dynax 7 then, don't want to spend $$ on new set of lens.. jus got a Minolta 7D.

Offline devilish_me

• Traveller
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 06, 02:10 AM »
i was thinking of getting a DSLR actually...but am worried about the extra stuff/weight i've to lug around. i'm a travel light person...so i'd hate the few more extra kgs. think i'll just stick w a digital dummy cam...it works as well for me.
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 11, 04:47 AM by Karel »

Offline KingPatryn

• Traveller
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 06, 10:44 PM »
I don't think the Nikon D50 can withstand much Bumb since made in Thailand.
All the lower end Nikon these days make in Thailand and body is weak.

I carry a SLR with 3 lens, I treat it like my baby! In Dec when I was going down Emei, I slip and fall (Cheapo did not get the grass shoes or the spike sole).  Nearly fall off the steps and down the cliff, all I can think of is my baby! damn dangerous.
As I recalled, after the ordeal, my knees are weak with fear as I continue my journey down. Thinking back it's kind of fun.. haha

Offline KingPatryn

• Traveller
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 06, 05:53 PM »
Aiyo.. last time want to pick up photography bought a Minolta 500 si by mistake cannot do alot of cool feature. Blur man.. waste my $$, so next upgrade got a Minolta 7 (back when digital 3M pix is big deal).

Should think of a way to sell my 500 si off since my sister not using it and collecting dusk!

Offline devilish_me

• Traveller
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 06, 10:20 AM »
Quote from: "soul4travel"
Wa.. I think you also very "pro" photographer..aiyo... i think you mentioned u got the minolta 7D before ... how come everybody all spend so much on equipments....

Got my A700.. not really happy...cos the optical viewfinder very small. when i say small... it's really very very very small. Also, the resolution of the LCD not very sharp.

Devilish san, if u saw this, you want to buy A700 or not? I sell it to you...:)

wah lao..not good and you want to sell me?!