Author Topic: Welcome to sgtravelcafe!!  (Read 7804 times)

Offline travelbug

• Administrator
  • Traveller
Welcome to sgtravelcafe!!
« on: Aug 21, 07, 12:12 AM »
Hi all

Some of you may already know we have migrated our forum from www.sgtraveller.com to www.sgtravelcafe.com. RyanNg had founded sgtraveller in Apr '06 and now wishes to retain it for his personal usage. His expertise and contribution in both sgtraveller and the migration to sgtravelcafe is fully appreciated.

You can continue to use your username and password from sgtraveller here in sgtravelcafe. Spearhawk would lead the effort in admin. Everything else remains the same.

We believe there is a strong niche for an independent traveller website like ours, admist numberous travel-related websites out there. Those who have attended our monthly gatherings over the past year can attest to the hunger for information sharing. Our next gathering would be on Wed 12 Sep (2nd Wed) at Wee Cheng's place. Ling would present on Borneo. More details soon.

We understand if there is confusion or questions in the transition stage, and would gladly address them. Let us know.

Regards
spearhawk/weecheng/travelbug

Offline hyun

• Traveller
Re: Welcome to sgtravelcafe!!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 07, 01:01 AM »
I would like to give due thanks to RyanNg who pioneered (to date) Singapore's largest online backpackers' forum.  Before him, we were in dire need of something like this, and those forums that previously came and gone did not truly fulfill the purpose.

Cheers, RyanNg!  Hope to catch you in future meet-ups!

Offline juraj

• Traveller
« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 07, 03:57 AM »
Salute to you, Ryan!  For bringing us together and successfully started the ball rolling which is the most difficult part and we are admire of! 

Offline laucnj

• Traveller
  • Sleepy....
    • Justin Go Where ?
« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 07, 04:02 AM »
the original sgtraveller forum has permanently shut down......feel sad about it  :'(

anyway, hope to meet up with ryan again for future gatherings. don't desert us okay ?  :hello2:

Offline spearhawk

• Administrator
  • Traveller
  • dream to be a world wanderer
    • Flickr Acount
« Reply #4 on: Aug 21, 07, 05:44 AM »
will like to thank Ryan too for his help on the migration, as well as server and forum matters. :)
let's hope he will still continue to join us in the forum as well as gatherings.

salut!  8)
spearhawk

Offline aurora

• Traveller
« Reply #5 on: Aug 21, 07, 02:15 PM »
glad that it's finally settled... Thanks to Ryan for helping with the migration and Chee Keong for all the hard work put in. :) Hope things will go smoothly onwards after this!
"To travel is to live."
-Hans Christian Andersen

Offline hyun

• Traveller
« Reply #6 on: Aug 27, 07, 01:26 AM »
umm did i miss something, or was the gallery not imported over?  thanks!

Offline spearhawk

• Administrator
  • Traveller
  • dream to be a world wanderer
    • Flickr Acount
« Reply #7 on: Aug 27, 07, 01:45 PM »
umm did i miss something, or was the gallery not imported over?  thanks!

hi,
i have gotten all the gallery files and pictures with me now actually, but i feel that the gallery is not very useful in the sense that there are many photo websites like flickr and picasa that can manages photos much better and with more functions too. so it is much effective to just post a link to the external gallery that one has. furthermore, the gallery will actually takes up alot of space on our server, which i think is not very efficient since we have limited space.
but of cos, you can still attach files and pictures to your posts to share with other members.  :D

if there is serious objection to removing the gallery, i will put it back up again.  ;)

regards
spear

Offline aurora

• Traveller
« Reply #8 on: Aug 27, 07, 03:47 PM »
Shall we just sign up for a free acct with Flickr? I like their interface most... :)
"To travel is to live."
-Hans Christian Andersen