Author Topic: Volunteer in Nepal(Nov - Dec)  (Read 4273 times)

Offline thisgirlsays

Volunteer in Nepal(Nov - Dec)
« on: Jul 14, 11, 01:24 PM »
Hi there! I'm interested to sign up for volunteering work in Nepal, teaching English to Monks. Have chanced upon this website - http://www.rcdpnepal.org and seems quite credible

Period that i'm looking at: 6 to 8 weeks

hope to find like minded people to join this program and travel tog thereafter!  :hello:

Offline gchew

• Traveller
    • firsttimetraveler.wordpress.com
Re: Volunteer in Nepal(Nov - Dec)
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 11, 01:25 AM »
A several week long volunteering stint is definitely out for me due to the limited number of days of annual leave I have, but I'm on the look out for short overseas volunteering opportunities. Does anyone have any to recommend?

Offline gafhy

« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 11, 05:29 AM »
@thisgirlsays - great program! 6 - 8 weeks definitely is long ... am not blessed with that many days of leave  :P and thanks for sharing the site!  :)

@gchew - although from what i briefly read on the website, there are shorter periods available

Offline thisgirlsays

« Reply #3 on: Jul 16, 11, 01:08 PM »
A several week long volunteering stint is definitely out for me due to the limited number of days of annual leave I have, but I'm on the look out for short overseas volunteering opportunities. Does anyone have any to recommend?

you could participate in this program for 1 week too, they are quite flexible. :)

Offline thisgirlsays

« Reply #4 on: Jul 16, 11, 01:10 PM »
@thisgirlsays - great program! 6 - 8 weeks definitely is long ... am not blessed with that many days of leave  :P and thanks for sharing the site!  :)

@gchew - although from what i briefly read on the website, there are shorter periods available

i'm going to quit my job and travel for a while.. hhahah.. yup, they do have it shorter period like 1week

Offline gafhy

« Reply #5 on: Jul 18, 11, 11:02 AM »
wow!!! that just sounds amazing!! kudos!!  :D

the turtle conservation program in Costa Rica has caught my attention ... i will probably consider that .. me love animals  ;D