Author Topic: Langmusi, Tibet (some photos here)  (Read 3135 times)

Offline rei

• Traveller
Langmusi, Tibet (some photos here)
« on: Jan 09, 10, 09:06 PM »
Visited Tibet last Oct, and I've been too busy to do this but I would like to share some pics with everyone especially of Langmusi, a small town we visited enroute..(hope it's ok to post so many pics here?)

We went in around 11th Oct and it was super cold there, but the scenery was beautiful and do forgive me if I wasn't able to do justice to it (lol amateur photographer here..pls lower your standards)
one of the places we went to was the ocean of flowers (one of the many names it's called). although we didn't go in the right season-spring, when you can see the flowers bloom under the water, it was actually one of the places with the most breath-taking scenes.

we were like the only people there...
below, on the left side it's cloudy and darker, on the right side it's nice and sunny..
there were many mountain ranges on the left and clouds gathered at the peaks.

reflections on water :)

loved this pic, clouds in the water or grasses in the clouds..

solitary viewing pavilion

if you tried to tiptoe..you might reach the clouds..

.:.
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 10, 09:35 PM by rei »

Offline rei

• Traveller
Re: Langmusi, Tibet
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 10, 09:11 PM »
Some pics of the mountain ranges around there..these mountain ranges surround langmusi and make langmusi cloudy and colder than other places.
(scroll right..)

« Last Edit: Jan 10, 10, 12:16 AM by rei »

Offline rei

• Traveller
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 10, 09:12 PM »
When we first got there it looked pretty dark but as the clouds kept moving (or just changed their shapes? because they don't actually seem to leave..) then it got sunnier later.

Offline rei

• Traveller
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 10, 09:13 PM »
horses grazing within the fences while clouds threatened to roll down the mountains.

« Last Edit: Jan 10, 10, 12:02 AM by rei »

Offline rei

• Traveller
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 10, 09:30 PM »

« Last Edit: Jan 09, 10, 10:35 PM by rei »

Offline rei

• Traveller
Re: Langmusi, Tibet (some photos here)
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 10, 10:35 PM »
And here are some pics from Langmusi gorge.
Also one of my fave places, pity it started drizzling later so we didn't have time to hang around a while.
But it was really cold anyway, by the time we got out our hands were near freezing (at least mine felt that way..)

sweet lil brook.

weather still clear right before we entered the gorge..

oh yeah and it's a lovely peaceful place in its' autumn colours (even though it's may get a lil too cold for a picnic..)

i don't know how else to express how very very cold this place was except see that mist on top of that? is a big clue? my hands were frozen..(you won't feel anything from no handwarmers)

one of my travel partners..it's started to drizzle around here. by the time we reached a nice spot for a group pic you have to struggle to get a pic without a raindrop in it. a pity really.

like this pic of our guide as we headed briskly back..there's a raindrop right smack in the middle.
and that's our guide in his traditional nomad attire..we all think he looks pretty cool lol ^_^
not to mention that he's probably feeling the warmest amongst us...long warm sleeves and all..

« Last Edit: Jan 10, 10, 12:23 AM by rei »

Offline Matt

• Administrator
  • Traveller
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 10, 02:48 AM »
nice , thanks for sharing  :)

Offline kolya

• Traveller
    • Flickr Photo Site
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 10, 02:51 AM »
tashi delek!
absolutely stunning pictures. thank you!
Half the fun of travel is the esthetic of lostness...

Offline travelbug

• Administrator
  • Traveller
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 10, 05:06 PM »
I'm imagining this image as one of the banner pics  :)
Some pics of the mountain ranges around there..these mountain ranges surround langmusi and make langmusi cloudy and colder than other places.
(scroll right..)

Offline rei

• Traveller
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 10, 06:37 PM »
wow thanks guys for the compliments lol