Author Topic: posting from bangkok  (Read 2920 times)

Offline kano

• Traveller
posting from bangkok
« on: Aug 10, 06, 04:50 PM »
currently in bangkok now. Actually if u read my earlier post, i'm suppose to go to kota kinbalu. But I miss my flight when I was at the senai aiport. When I arrived the check in counter was close 20 mins before due to fly off. I was stunned! I went to one corner and think what I should do. So I've decided to take the flight to penang. Ticket cost 325 ringgit, arrived Penang International around 830pm. I took a cab to the Malaysian/Thai Border.

I reached the border around 1130pm. I had a hard time crossing the border. I'm a thai citizen, but singapore by birth therefore i can't speak a single word of thai. I was interogatted by the thai authorities as they can't find the passport stamp the last time i left bangkok, finally after they have some discussion amongst themselves, they agreedly stamp my passport and let me go. SO much for this hussle, left the border at around 1145PM and the border close at 12! Took a cab to Haadyai and stayed at the Merlin hotel. The ride approximately took around 1 hour. Boy I was shack when I reached the hotel!!
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 11, 06:13 AM by Karel »

Offline kano

• Traveller
posting from bangkok
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 06, 07:27 PM »
When I arrived at Merline hotel, boy i was shacked. I paid 50 ringgit for the night. Good nice clean room, toilet paper, soap provided, bathtub seems abit old. It seems that the street I live in has a few music lounges, i think it's a pick up joint, came across few skimpy ladies wearing revealing clothes. Haha. I had fried rice with chicken for dinner. It cost 45 baht. One Sing $ = 22 baht.
Well I had only three days to spend, without wasting much time, i immediately book a ticket to bangkok the next morning, at a travel agent, i wouldnt say this old man is, i assume he's a thai chinese, from the way he look and some chinese signs hanging on the shop. Was suppose to take Orient Airlines, but all flights was cancelled. Therefore the next better offer was NokAir. Thai Airways Sister airline. Cost 2300 Baht for one way trip to Bangkok on the same day. Well I saw this old man took out his gold Credit Card while confirming the flight with the ticketing in charge over the phone, so maybe he get some commision out of this.
One thing I find that the stewardess working in thai airlines or affiliated are quite pretty.

To be continued.......

Offline kano

• Traveller
posting from bangkok
« Reply #2 on: Aug 12, 06, 06:59 PM »
hey soul,
             i know what you are thinking.. haha.. Before i left for bangkok, i had thai style bak ku teh (I think) in a clay pot. With the dough stick and unlimited supply of ice tea. That's a good thing in thai culture. Cost 82 baht though. I hardly eat bak ku teh!

I didn't "overworked" myself even though I entered one of those "go go" bars in Bangkok located at Nana near the hotel i stayed at. First time, had a singha beer of 120 baht and enjoyed the view of those ladies dancing on the pole, non nude tho. The GRO tried to psycho me but don't work. To my amazement, some of these girls are not bad looking.. haha..

My nose bleeds when I wandered along siam square, plentiful of thai ladies, and they are pretty!!

Offline 4everdreaming

• Traveller
posting from bangkok
« Reply #3 on: Aug 14, 06, 08:20 AM »
Yoz..if u think Thai gals are good looking...Viets are a killer....

srry had to remove the pic slipped my mind quite sensitve to post in the open lar hope u understand..I can PM U the pics if U wish..

Offline kano

• Traveller
posting from bangkok
« Reply #4 on: Aug 14, 06, 04:25 PM »
Soul,
       I never been to Khao San. Never seen or tried the cocktail before. Haha. In my opinion, thai people are friendly. Compare to Singaporeans. You don't see Thai drivers pressing their horns, and bangkok is notoriously known for her traffic jam, indeed they are very patient on the roads.
Yes I'am SBT. My dad is a thai. I grew up and studied here in Singapore.

Hopefully I'm able to find a Thai wife. They really take care of their husbands. They have the asian values in them.

regards.

Offline KingPatryn

• Traveller
posting from bangkok
« Reply #5 on: Sep 14, 06, 02:46 PM »
Paiseh... hijack your thread...
buying tech stuff in Bangkok cheap?
things like GPS BT device?

Offline kano

• Traveller
Re: posting from bangkok
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 07, 01:27 AM »
I be going to Bangkok again on the 6th till 9th Feb. Already booked my ticket through Air Asia. Anyone interested to join me pls reply. Thanks.
25/m here.