Author Topic: Thank you for your support these past few years; please help us to improve  (Read 5674 times)

Offline travelbug

• Administrator
  • Traveller
Thank you for your support these past few years; please help us to improve. Step forward if you have any suggestion, big ("I can invite Tony Wheeler to speak at our gathering") or small ("I am a logo-designer, and a sgtravelcafe logo is way overdue").

Our monthly gatherings are more stable now, after a shaky start. We had deliberately channeled our efforts to getting it right. Many of you have given positive feedback on how you have discovered new places and found new friends. We are not complacent. Two areas we will continue to work on: better communication and orientation of new comers.

Online, we will upload gathering photos and videos more consistently, for a start. Coordination among various sites will be more seamless. We are a non-commercial entity, so please be patient if improvements take time.

Our focus remains the same: to celebrate independent travel.

Regards
sgtravelcafe admin/moderators

John Donne:
"No man is an island, entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent, a part of the main."
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 09, 05:43 PM by travelbug »

Offline travelbug

• Administrator
  • Traveller
Have a look at the 'work-in-progress' below; we'll be adding stuff as we go along :)

www.flickr.com/photos/sgtravelcafe
www.youtube.com/sgtravelcafe
www.twitter.com/sgtravelcafe (please follow us!)
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 09, 10:28 AM by travelbug »

Offline shakeleg

• Traveller
long time no come. haha. ok make the september gathering between sep 21-sep26 and i'll attend. i'll be back in sg that week. it's been a while.

Offline aurora

• Traveller
Hey crazy woman!!! U are hijacking this thread!! Matthew, 25th Sept for that month? Keke...
"To travel is to live."
-Hans Christian Andersen

Offline travelbug

• Administrator
  • Traveller
You may have noticed our 'new, cleaner' look for the website. If you are nostalgic, you can see our old theme at
www.flickr.com/photos/sgtravelcafe/3942847121

We also have a new Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/sgtravelcafe

Please join us if you haven't already. Same for our Twitter page at www.twitter.com/sgtravelcafe

The admins for all online sites are the same as the admin/moderators for this website.

spearhawk (Chee Keong) will lead the co-ordination effort on all online sites, just as Matt is Mr Gathering.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards
sgtravelcafe admin/moderators

Offline travelbug

• Administrator
  • Traveller
You may have noticed the changing banners at the top of the page.
Thanks to Garry for putting them up; thanks to weecheng n kelly for the brilliant photos.
In meantime have fun guessing the places...

Offline aycanela

• Traveller
    • The Muddy-Pants Diaries
Great photos!!  Thanks everyone for putting them together!

I think travelbug... besides asking for someone to do presentation each month, you can also ask those brilliant photographers out there in this forum... boochap... nuts... (sorry, not sure who are the others, but don't be shy... pls state your name) to contribute their top xx photos to be rotated for display. 

We can have a change in theme (festivals, underwater, etc...), continent, or featured photographer... month by month, with acknowledgements, of course.
"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end." -- Ursula K. LeGuin

http://www.aycanela.blogspot.com

http://blogs.bootsnall.com/trisha/

Offline nuts

• Administrator
  • Traveller
    • Roving Light Travel Photography
Actually, I find the changing banner irritating. Banner should be fixed.

If want, this changing pic thingy should be put elsewhere, together with the rotating flickr, scrolling twitter, swirling whatever........

But personally, I feel too much of these animated stuff on a website is a putoff.

My 2 rupiah worth :)

You may have noticed the changing banners at the top of the page.
Thanks to Garry for putting them up; thanks to weecheng n kelly for the brilliant photos.
In meantime have fun guessing the places...

Offline aycanela

• Traveller
    • The Muddy-Pants Diaries
nuts: Thanks for your 2 rupiahs, I feel so rich now.

My 2 Cuban pesos worth is that it is nice to have the banners, except that perhaps the speed of rotation can be slower.  Getting a headache... ::)
"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end." -- Ursula K. LeGuin

http://www.aycanela.blogspot.com

http://blogs.bootsnall.com/trisha/

Offline Karel

• Traveller
  • formerly known as Lion
    • karel
I second acycanela. I'm pro-banner, maybe at a lower rotating speed.

And I look forward to banner pictures from boochap, nuts, and others ! As for themes, maybe the banner pictures could relate to the upcoming presentation.

Offline travelbug

• Administrator
  • Traveller
Thanks for feedback. Was looking at a few time tested sites to see how we can apply ideas to our site.

@aycanela great idea for top photos by folks. maybe a more natural place would be in flickr ie create a folder where people can contribute, similiar to adding favs; and of course top videos by members to youtube in due time

@nuts noted on animation n also your previous feedback on how it is slowing down the site. Now that our mail is up will still need time to let folks get familiar with our other sites. but in due time we will just have the icons

@karel ya was thinking of say 4 rotating panels like LP. eg 4 images linked to 4 topics. previous gathering photos; upcoming gathering; most discussed topic and travel partners

will also change speed to slower one

any thoughts?

my 2 zimbabwe dollar worth...

Offline garryhuang

• Traveller
Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback so far, we've slowed down the banner rotation speed for now. :)