Author Topic: Pakistan : Tourist Visa Application for Singaporeans  (Read 19568 times)

Offline fang

• Traveller
Re: Pakistan Tourist Visa Application for Singaporeans
« Reply #15 on: Jun 17, 10, 03:23 PM »
the single entry visa costs $35 instead of $25 now. didn't get to ask about why the fee is inflated by 40% especially when nobody is visiting pakistan.

Offline furfur

• Traveller
    • Furious Panda!
Re: Pakistan : Tourist Visa Application for Singaporeans
« Reply #16 on: Jan 26, 12, 03:01 AM »
For those applying for the Pakistan visa from outside Singapore. There seems to be some new ruling where you must apply from the home country. I popped by the Pakistan High Commission in Singapore today, and they said it's not possible to to apply from China.

Since the validity is only 90 days, and I'll be out of SG now and reach Pakistan only in June, that leaves me in a bit of a fix.  :icon_pale: No amount of sad faces helped either, they didn't want to provide a letter of recommendation for visa so I can use that when applying in China. Going to try applying in Chengdu, Shanghai and/or Beijing anyway.

Btw, if you apply for the visa from SG, i think they might give you 10, 15, 30 days, depending on how nice you are.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey

http://thefuriouspanda.com

Offline royden

« Reply #17 on: Apr 04, 12, 05:27 PM »
Hello people,

Virgin post here hehe may I know what is the processing time like for the Pak visa cos I would be leaving in mid May.

Do I need need to book my hotels in advance and show them my bookings?

I intend to enter from China via the Khunjerab pass and then exit from Lahore to India, alone. Is that like an "allowable" itinerary for them?

What else should I be careful of mentioning/not mentioning when filling up the visa?

Any other tips about filling up any portion should be greatly appreciated too

Thanks!

*hope i can make it for the meetup, got to rush my FYP first!

Offline royden

« Reply #18 on: Apr 30, 12, 09:14 AM »
Finally got my visa settled,

Just a note, they now require a sponsor from pakistan. Apparently you can't just enter Pakistan with an introduction letter as described in this thread. Thankfully my dad have a Pakistani agent who helped me to settle most of the paperwork. He gave me a letter of invitation, sponsor letter and High commission of Pakistan required me to obtain a scanned copy of the authorised personnel's ID and passport.

If you have no connections to any Pakistani, you could try the online travel agencies like Lost Horizon and Vertical explorers. They usually gives you an invitation letter if you book a trek/tour from them but from what I inquired, its way out of my budget (as compared to Nepal's standard). One of them is able to 'sell' you the letter at 50USD but I am not sure if just the letter alone is sufficient and would the High Commission acknowledge the travel agency. I've heard of people applying from our high commission of Pakistan and got rejected because their travel agency is 'not approved'.

Anyway, when I was there, being rejected the 2nd time, they gave me a lit of 'designated tour operators' to contact to book my accomodation but none of them wanted to help me book my budget accomodations along the Karakoram Highway, they want me to join their all inclusive packages which I obviously dont want to. Well, I'm glad I've settled all this stuff.

If you guys have any recommendation, do tell me as I haven really plan much and would just go with the flow over there. I see you guys recommended Fairy Meadows, is it really scenic? I've been to Khumbu, Annpurna Circuit, Swiss and French Alps, so would be good to trek something of equal impressiveness. Thanks for any suggestions :)

Offline cheaptickets

« Reply #19 on: Apr 30, 12, 09:51 AM »
Now that you have your Visa, are you done with booking your flight?

Offline royden

« Reply #20 on: Apr 30, 12, 11:20 AM »
 Yes,

I suppose you are from cheaptickets.sg . Just a note, your search engine is pretty lousy, i tried Singapore to Kashi (nothing), Delhi to Singapore: you gave me air india as the cheapest choice but u didn't give me Indigo, which is less than 2/3 of air india's price haha

Offline goldengoh

• Traveller
  • On the road, i live a thousand lives
    • OBRacing
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 12, 09:16 AM »
Hi,

when are u going to pakistan?
In my dreams i can only think of 1 life to live, on the road, i live a thousand

Offline ngozumpa

• Traveller
« Reply #22 on: Jun 05, 12, 12:37 PM »
Can anyone confirm if a letter of invitation or hotel/flight reservations are required for a tourist visa? What is the visa length these days?

I am thinking of popping into Hunza/Gojal for a short visit from China, but if it is too troublesome I think I will give it a miss.

Regards.

Offline goldengoh

• Traveller
    • OBRacing
« Reply #23 on: Jun 13, 12, 04:19 AM »
I am going to pakistan during the mth of Aug.
Wanna meet up, if you;re there at that time?

The visa length is any period as you so specify. 2 weeks- 1mth - 3 mths.
You will need a letter of invitation by a Pakistani national.
And a copy of your travel info. ( for this all u need is to print out the online booking statement just before you click "confirm")

Offline ngozumpa

• Traveller
« Reply #24 on: Jun 13, 12, 05:31 AM »
Hi goldengoh,

Not sure if you are addressing me, but the LOI thingy is too leychey for me. I think I will give Pakistan a miss.

Offline goldengoh

• Traveller
    • OBRacing
« Reply #25 on: Jun 13, 12, 05:26 PM »
ya, it is suppppper ley chey.
i had  to find a sponsor!

but i managed to, i'll let u know if it's all worth it.

Offline ngozumpa

• Traveller
« Reply #26 on: Jun 14, 12, 01:11 PM »
Actually I went there once already, but I only reached as far as Karimabad (from Pakistan Punjab). Was hoping to explore Upper Hunza from China. Sianz.

My display pic is a view of the Hunza valley and Rakaposhi from Eagle Nest  ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 14, 12, 01:12 PM by ngozumpa »

Offline goldengoh

• Traveller
    • OBRacing
« Reply #27 on: Jun 16, 12, 08:51 AM »
it'll be my maiden trip to Pakistan. any hidden gems you found on your last trip there?

Offline Jayjaaaaaaaaaaay

« Reply #28 on: Jun 21, 16, 02:21 PM »
I am completing my journey in pakistan and goong to afghan soon. I went to lahore, islamabad, gilgit, karimabad, chitral, peshawar.

Karimabad is definitely beautiful, if you are fit enough you can even trek to rakaposhi base camp and admire the glaciers. Its damn beautiful. In chitral, you can visit kalash tribe and know more about thier unique culture and costume and festivals. Lahore's badshashi mosque is a must. Peshawar for the vibe and the old city. Islamabad is too boring for me tho.

The mosque in pakistan are very beautiful. Make sure to visit some of them. Go there with an open mind, the hospitality and friendliness they provide will blow your mind!

I had to spend 75 usd to get a LOI. The visa may be an ass  but after this journey its way worth it.
« Last Edit: Jun 21, 16, 02:22 PM by Jayjaaaaaaaaaaay »

Offline HenrikCWT

« Reply #29 on: Jul 16, 16, 02:29 AM »
HI, cool journey!
How did you apply for the Pakistan visa?

I am thinking of visiting Pakistan & have some questions to ask. I spoke to the embassy in SG and they did not answer my questions.
I would like to ask if a letter of invitation from someone living in Pakistan is required? Also, I plan to travel overland from India to Pakistan & I know the requirement for Pakistan visa is to show proof of air ticket to and out of Pakistan. If I intend to travel by land, how can I show proof of air ticket? Is the visa application in SG embassy easy or complicated? Thanks