Author Topic: Facebook Group & Logo  (Read 10634 times)

Offline boochap

• Traveller
    • http://www.geocities.com/boochap
Re: Facebook Group & Logo
« Reply #15 on: Apr 06, 09, 02:06 AM »

hey.. sgtravelcafe use sg passport lehh... some more sg passport is the most recognised passport in the world.. so many visa free and visa upon arrival..  ;D

background could be a map of the world...?
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 09, 02:19 AM by boochap »

Offline Karel

• Traveller
  • formerly known as Lion
    • karel
« Reply #16 on: Apr 06, 09, 08:46 AM »
it's SGtravelcafe, so i think a Singapore passport is perfectly right ! not too prominent at all. it think the picture would be a great logo.
not thrilled about that footprint idea though. there's already the footprint guidebook series. (cfr. www.footprintbooks.com)
and a camel ? that's cigarettes !
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 09, 08:59 AM by lion »

Offline nuts

• Administrator
  • Traveller
    • Roving Light Travel Photography
« Reply #17 on: Apr 06, 09, 02:38 PM »
To intepret literally SG-Travel-Cafe, I added in the "cafe" part....... hahahaha
sorry for the poor photoshop  :P

Offline nuts

• Administrator
  • Traveller
« Reply #18 on: Apr 06, 09, 02:50 PM »
In terms of logo, the footprint guidebook logo is the coolest! I like it alot, but need some originality if wanna use footprints for sgtravelcafe

I still feel images don't make good "logos" ...
aycanela, where is your logo?

it's SGtravelcafe, so i think a Singapore passport is perfectly right ! not too prominent at all. it think the picture would be a great logo.
not thrilled about that footprint idea though. there's already the footprint guidebook series. (cfr. www.footprintbooks.com)
and a camel ? that's cigarettes !

Offline boochap

• Traveller
    • http://www.geocities.com/boochap
« Reply #19 on: Apr 06, 09, 02:56 PM »
To intepret literally SG-Travel-Cafe, I added in the "cafe" part....... hahahaha

wahahaa.. need tp pay and pay too.. add a few pieces of USD!!

grandrake

« Reply #20 on: Apr 06, 09, 03:55 PM »
Since it's a logo, I think the simpler the better; think: avatar. If you resize the logo, it needs to be pretty clear too.

Maybe can try something like a silhouette of a traveller or a couple of travellers - to show travelling is not a lonely thing... they can be carrying backpacks, or one reading map + another carrying backpack, against a coloured background. "SG" maybe can simply be a cutout of the shape of Singapore on a part of the backpack.

For example something like this (not original pics ah, just grab from Google for an example):

or this:

or silhouette treatments of these:

Blah blah blah... :D

Something like dat lah.. :D

Offline limkopi

• Traveller
    • caffeine-intoxicated snaps!
« Reply #21 on: Apr 06, 09, 08:10 PM »

Haha... nuts u power siah, juz added my fav kopitiam kopi-o gao into the picture like that... here's one to u!  :coffee2:
for avatar maybe, not as a logo... a bit complicated siah?

Offline nuts

• Administrator
  • Traveller
« Reply #22 on: Apr 07, 09, 01:13 PM »
Quote from: boochap
wahahaa.. need tp pay and pay too.. add a few pieces of USD!!
alamak, we know need to pay and pay, but let's just focus on the positive side.....  :P

Haha... nuts u power siah, juz added my fav kopitiam kopi-o gao into the picture like that... here's one to u!  :coffee2:
for avatar maybe, not as a logo... a bit complicated siah?

Hehe, its freshly "taken" on Sat at a Wang Jiao outlet! Too bad your :coffee2: is not porcelain cup leh... :P

Offline aycanela

• Traveller
    • The Muddy-Pants Diaries
« Reply #23 on: Apr 08, 09, 04:22 PM »
Sorry, nuts...  aycanela kooning...  logo still in the oven...

But agree agree, image is too cluttered.  Logo should be stylised.  Also, although we are 'sgtravel', I think we are a very international bunch and we welcome very international connections.  So, SG passport... maybe not very representative.

I was also thinking along the line of a 'cup' as well (for cafe, though in my case, it is more teh si siew tai and not kopi-o gao...   :D).  I thought of having the 'steam' that comes out of the cup of teh or kopi 'materialise' into the world map in a wavy sort of way.  So, got 'travel', got 'cafe', and we can sneak 'sg' somewhere inside discreetly like the handle of the cup or whatever.

Tok only...  can't design this.
"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end." -- Ursula K. LeGuin

http://www.aycanela.blogspot.com

http://blogs.bootsnall.com/trisha/

Offline nuts

• Administrator
  • Traveller
« Reply #24 on: Apr 09, 09, 01:24 PM »
aiyo, read and read until the end.... NATO!

Sorry, nuts...  aycanela kooning...  logo still in the oven...

But agree agree, image is too cluttered.  Logo should be stylised.  Also, although we are 'sgtravel', I think we are a very international bunch and we welcome very international connections.  So, SG passport... maybe not very representative.

I was also thinking along the line of a 'cup' as well (for cafe, though in my case, it is more teh si siew tai and not kopi-o gao...   :D).  I thought of having the 'steam' that comes out of the cup of teh or kopi 'materialise' into the world map in a wavy sort of way.  So, got 'travel', got 'cafe', and we can sneak 'sg' somewhere inside discreetly like the handle of the cup or whatever.

Tok only...  can't design this.